Create a Jazz administrative user
In this lesson, you create a Jazz administrative user for the synchronization process and add the user as a member in a project area.
About this task
To create a Jazz administrative user account for the synchronization process:
- Use the IBM® Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) client to log in to the repository where you want to create the synchronized stream.
- In EWM, open the Overview page in the project area editor or the team area editor by right-clicking the project area in the Team Artifacts view, and then clicking Open.
- In the Members section, click Create.
- In the User Information window, select Create a new user, and then click Next.
- In the User Information page, type
a name, user ID, and email address for the new user. Note: The account name can be set to any string. The preferred user ID for this account is ccsync, and it is selected in the New ClearCase Synchronized Stream wizard by default. You can specify a different user ID in the wizard if necessary.
- In the Repository Groups page, select JazzUsers to assign the repository permissions to the ccsync user ID, and then click Next.
- In the Client Access Licenses page, select Engineering Workflow Management - ClearCase Synchronizer (automated users only) - Included, and then click Finish.
- Click Save in the project area or
the team area editor. The new user is added:
In the next lesson, you add a process role to the Jazz administrative account.