Lesson 3: Linking a risk with a risk action
After you define a risk and create a risk action, you can link them so that later in the project life cycle you can identify which risk actions were done to resolve which risks.
About this task
This feature is available only if you are using the Formal Project Management process template.
- Open the
User interface not intuitiverisk that you defined.
- In the Work Item editor, click the Links tab.
- In the Links section, click the down arrow next to Add, and select Resolved By.
- In the Select Work Items window, type the work item ID. In the Type field, ensure that either Show All or Risk Action is selected.
- Select the work item and click OK.
- Click Save. After you add the Resolved By link from a defined risk, a Resolves link is added to the Risk Action work item. The Resolves link indicates the risk that the risk action resolves.
In this lesson, you learned how to link a Risk Action work item with a risk.