Creating risk actions
After you define risks, you can create a Risk Action work item to track your efforts to mitigate a risk by using a strategy.
About this task
By default, this feature is available in the Formal Project Management process template. If you are using the Scrum process template, you can enable this feature by customizing the template. For more information about customizing the template, see Adding formal project management features to a process template.
- In the Team Artifacts view, right-click Work Items, and click .
- In Create Work Item, select Risk Action, and click Finish.
- For the Strategy Type field, select
a strategy. The other fields are like any work item. By default, some strategies are defined as enumerations for the process template. You can define new enumerations in the project area editor.
- Optional: To link the risk that is resolved by this work item, in the Links tab, click the down arrow on Add and select Add Resolves.
- Optional: In Select Work Items, type the work item ID or text, and click OK.
- Click Save.