Showing time remaining or time spent
Plans show the progress that team members have made in completing their work items. You can configure a project area so that the plans show either the time remaining to complete work items or the time spent so far on work items.
About this task
Teams that follow the scrum process use
Time Remaining to specify how much time is left to complete the work
item. If the Time Remaining value is set, the time spent is
derived from that value to calculate the estimated time. For example,
spent=original|corrected estimate - time remaining).
- In the Team Artifacts view, right-click the project area and click Open. The project area opens in the editor.
- Click the Process Configuration tab.
- In the Configuration section, click , and then click General.
- In the Track progress as field,
select Time Spent or Time Remaining from
the drop-down list. Tip: To display the estimates in hours, click Display the estimates in hours.
- To save the changes to the project area, click Save.