Lesson 2: Plan the release
In the previous lesson, you logged on as the product owner and created a product backlog with stories. In this lesson, you continue as the product owner and decide which stories can be accomplished in the release.
About this task
To move work items from the product backlog to the release:
- In the Login window, log in as the product owner by typing ursula in both the User ID and Password fields.
- Open the product backlog in your project by clicking Product Backlog. , and then clicking
- Pull stories into the release plan:
- Hover the mouse pointer over the Actions column of each work item, and select the checkbox.
- Move the cursor to the right of each selected checkbox, and click the down arrow that is next to the Create Work Item icon .
- In the menu, hover the mouse pointer over Plan number Plan
Items For, where number is the number
of work items to move, and click Release 1.0.
- Click Save. The plan is refreshed.
- Open the release backlog in your project by clicking Release Backlog.
The release backlog opens in the plan editor. Notice these details:
, and then clicking
- The work items are moved from the product backlog to the release
backlog, as the next image shows.
- The Progress bar shows a total of 45 points.
- On the Planned Items tab, the Iterations view shows the release plan and the first two sprint plans.
- The work items are moved from the product backlog to the release backlog, as the next image shows.