Using quick fix to migrate IBM i Projects with Rational Developer for i
The quick fix option allows you to quickly migrate IBM® i Projects that you created with a version of Rational® Developer for i prior to 7.5.
Before you begin
- If you created any IBM i Projects with a version of Rational Developer for i that precedes 7.5, you must migrate to a supported format before you can deliver changes.
- The migration quick fix option is available only if you have already shared your project with your team.
- If you attempt to deliver an IBM i Project in an unsupported project format, the Team Advisor view will display to indicate the problem and its quick fix.
- You must already have installed Rational Developer for Power Systems Software V8.0 or higher.
To migrate your IBM i Project to a supported format:
About this task
- Under the Solutions heading of the Team
Advisor view, click Migrate unsupported i Project
Formats. You can also right-click the error message and
select Quick Fix > Migrate unsupported i Project Formats.
- You must manually add all project preconditions to your
project area. To manually add these preconditions:
- Edit the project area and select the Process Configuration tab.
- Under Team Configuration, select Operation Behavior.
- In the Operations list, select Source Control > Deliver (client) for the appropriate user role.
- Under Preconditions, click Add..., and add the Prohibit Unsupported i Project Formats precondition.
For more information, see Project and process concepts: Behavior.