Migrating Engineering Workflow Management Enterprise Extensions source code data
Since Rational Team Concert version 6.0.2, the server stores Enterprise Extensions source code data in a different format than in previous versions and releases. If you upgrade from a version prior to V6.0.2, migration to the new format occurs when the server starts.
About this task
- Enterprise Extensions Source Code Data Migration Priority File
- The location of a file specifying the migration priority source code data associated with
build definitions. The file must be in a location where IBM® Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) has the
authority to read it. The file must be written in UTF-8.
The file content is strings that specify the name or the UUID of a team area, process area, or streams. Separate end each entry with a semicolon. Separate streams, team areas, or process areas, which have been assigned with the same priority with a comma. This file is also shared by the build maps migration task.The following is an example of the prioritization file:
_0Bowt64OEeSHLrfgjD1NWQ; mortgage build definition; *COB*; *?COM*;
- Log in to the Administration page of the change and configuration management (CCM) application.
- Point your web browser to
https://[fully qualified hostname]:9443/ccm/admin. The
[fully qualified hostname]is the host name along with the DNS domain reference of the machine on which the CCM application is installed.
- On the Administration page, click the Application tab.
- In the Configuration section, click Advanced Properties.
- Click the property Enterprise Extensions Migration Priority File to edit its value to point to the file that will be used at startup.
- In a Current Value field, type or select a new property value.
- Click Save.
You can track the progress of the source code data migration through the Enterprise Extensions events feed. An Enterprise Extensions feed is created when you connect to a repository using Engineering Workflow Management in the Eclipse client. When you disconnect from the repository, the feed is no longer available. To view the feed, follow these steps:
- in the Team Artifacts view, expand Feeds.
- Right-click Enterprise Extensions Events on host, where host is the repository where the source code data migration occurs.
- Click Open to display the migration events in the editor.