Migrating Engineering Workflow Management Enterprise Extensions build maps
Beginning with Rational Team Concert version 6.0.3, the server stores Enterprise Extensions build maps in a different format than in previous versions and releases. If you upgrade from a version prior to V6.0.3, migration to the new format occurs when the server starts.
About this task
- Enterprise Extensions Build Map Migration Priority File
- The location of a file specifying the migration priority of maps associated with build
definitions. The file must be in a location where IBM® Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) has the
authority to read it. The file must be written in UTF-8.
The file content is strings that specify the name or the UUID of a build definition, or a team area or a process area containing build definitions. The strings are not case-sensitive. Entries can be on the same line of the file, or each entry can be on a new line. End each entry with a semicolon. Separate build definitions, team areas, or process areas that have the same priority with a comma.
You can include wildcard characters in the string. Use the asterisk (*) to represent any number of characters in a string, and the question mark (?) to represent one character in a string.The following is an example of the prioritization file:
_0Bowt64OEeSHLrfgjD1NWQ; mortgage build definition; *COB*; *?COM*;
- Enterprise Extensions Build Map Migration Workload
- The percentage of the server workload allowed for the migration process. Specify a value as an integer between 1 and 100.
- Log in to the Administration page of the change and configuration management (CCM) application.
- Point your web browser to
https://[fully qualified hostname]:9443/ccm/admin. The
[fully qualified hostname]is the host name along with the DNS domain reference of the machine on which the CCM application is installed.
- On the Administration page, click the Application tab.
- In the Configuration section, click Advanced Properties.
- Click the property Enterprise Extensions Migration Priority File to edit its value to point to the file that will be used at startup.
- In a Current Value field, type or select a new property value.
- Click Save.
You can track the progress of the build map migration through the Enterprise Extensions events feed. An Enterprise Extensions feed is created when you connect to a repository using Engineering Workflow Management in the Eclipse client. When you disconnect from the repository, the feed is no longer available. To view the feed, follow these steps:
- in the Team Artifacts view, expand Feeds.
- Right-click Enterprise Extensions Events on host, where host is the repository where the build map migration occurs.
- Click Open to display the migration events in the editor.
- A build definition is deleted, and the build map is no longer referenced.
- All the build results for a build definition referencing the old build maps are deleted.
The processing time necessary to ensure that a build map should be deleted can slow down the processing of other Engineering Workflow Management functions. If there are concerns about storage, you can delete all of the old build maps at one time by using the Repository tools command for permanently deleting resources instead of waiting for the deletion of build results. Issue the repository tools command as follows: repotools-ccm -deleteJFSResources storageAreaURL=storage/enterprise_buildmap force. However, the processing to ensure that the build maps should be deleted is still going to take place.
If you want to delete all of the old build maps at one time, but the processing time is a concern, you can set an advanced property so that the processing does not occur. The Enterprise Build Map Component server property Search for JFS Build Maps from deleted build results is set to True by default. If you do not want the processing time to affect other functions, set the property to False. Log in to the Administration page of the change and configuration management (CCM) application. Select Advanced Properties, and scroll to the Search for JFS Build Maps from deleted build results property.