Control access to project areas and their artifacts
This tutorial describes how to use access control features to determine who can access a project area and its artifacts, such as work items, streams, and components.
Learning objectivesIn this tutorial, you will learn how to do the following tasks:
- View the access control settings for a project area and understand the default setting.
- Change the access control setting so that users who are not members of the project area hierarchy have access.
- Create a work item category and associate it with a team area.
- Restrict visibility to a work item category, and restrict access to work items that are filed against that category.
- Create an access group that consists of a team area and specific users.
- Add the Restricted Access presentation to the work item editor.
- Control access to specific work items by changing values in the Restricted Access field.
- Restrict access to streams and components to members of a team area.
- Restrict access to folders and files under source control to a specific user.