Linking Engineering Rhapsody Model Manager models and local work items
You can link IBM® Engineering Systems Design Rhapsody® - Model Manager (RMM) models to your local work items.
Before you begin
Engineering Rhapsody Model Manager is an extension for an IBM Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) server, rather than a separate Architecture Management application. It is no longer necessary to maintain a separate RMM server, and you can now use a single CCM server to manage models, source code, and work items.
About this task
To enable Architecture Management in the project area:
- Open the administrative page for your project area, and select Architecture Management.
- Click Enable Architecture Management:
- You might see a warning. Click OK to continue the
- You now see a few more options on the Architecture Management
page.You can select any of the following properties:
- Restrict OSLC links create to the Default OSLC Context
- Label Mode
- Disable display of remote artifacts in Rhapsody Client
- If you want to create OSLC links from architecture elements to work items in your
project area, save the project area after enabling Architecture Management.
Click Overview, and in the Association section, click
Add. In the Add Association page, select your
application. In the Association field, select Uses - Change
Requests, and in the Artifact Containers field, select your
project area. Click OK.
- You can now link your work items to RMM artifacts.
- Optional: To link a work item to an architecture element in RMM, do
one of the following operations:
Restriction: When you create an OSLC link by using drag-and-drop or copy-and-paste method, you cannot perform the following actions:
- Drag the work item onto the target architecture element. You can drag from the work item type icon on the upper left of the work item editor. To see the Create links dialog box, drop the artifact on the drop target displayed. Select the link type and click Create links.
- To copy a link from the work item editor, click Copy ID and
Summary icon . Click Copy Link. Paste the link in the target architecture element to create an OSLC link. To paste a copied link in a work item, click the Paste as link icon . In the Create links dialog box, select the link type and click Create links.
- To copy links by using keyboard shortcut, press the following keys:
- For Windows or Linux, Ctrl+C
- For Mac, Command+C
Paste the link in the target architecture element to create an OSLC link.To paste a copied link in a work item, press the following keys:
- For Windows or Linux, Ctrl+Shift+V
- For Mac, Command+Shift+V
- You cannot create links when the source and target artifacts are viewed in different browsers. The target artifact must be viewed in a tab or window of the same browser as the source artifact.
- You cannot create links if the user-selected Configuration Context in the source is not the same as the configuration in the target application.