Changing the ranking of work items
You can change the rank of a work item from the Planned Items tab.
- On the Planned Items tab, in the Rank column, click the rank of the work item to edit.
- Type the new rank, and press Enter.
The work item is ranked, and the rank of all the work items are reordered.Note:
- If you change the rank of a work item to a number that results in a gap in the ranking order, a dialog box is displayed with this message: "The number entered creates a gap in the plan ranking. Proceed with assigning the next available rank (rank number) to the plan item?" The rank number is the next available rank.
- Child items in a tree view show a composite rank, such as 2.3, which contains the rank of the parent and its child items. Only the last segment of the rank can be edited.
- Changing the rank of a work item in one plan affects the rank of that work item in all plans. Changing the rank of a work item with child items does not change the rank of the child items relative to work items in other plans.
- Click Save.