Searching for workspaces or streams
A project area can have multiple workspaces and streams. If you need to search a particular workspace or stream, use the search operation.
Before you search for a workspace or a stream, ensure that the workspace or stream is available in the repository and that you are connected to the repository.
Before you begin
- In Microsoft Visual Studio, click .
- In Repository, select
a repository. If you are not connected to the repository, click Logon to get connected.
- Optional: In Name or pattern, type a text string that identifies the name of the workspace or stream.
- Optional: In Owned by, select the owner of the workspace or stream.
- Optional: To limit the number of search results, in the Max resultsfield, type a numeric value.
- Optional: To search only workspaces, click Workspaces. To search only streams, click Streams.
- Click Search. The search result is displayed in the EWM Search tool window.
Now, you can right-click a workspace or a stream and do any of the following operations:
What to do next
- Show Repository Files: Shows the repository files of the workspace or the stream in the Repository Files tool window.
- Load: Loads the sandbox with the repository files. This option is available only for workspace.
- Unload: Unloads the sandbox by removing the files. This option is available only for workspace.
- Compare With: Compares the workspace or stream with another workspace or stream.