Prerequisites for integrating with GitLab
Before you configure the integration between IBM Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) and GitLab or GitLab Enterprise, ensure that your environment meets these prerequisites.
Ensure that you have met the following prerequisites:
- The EWM server is installed and configured. For details about installing and setting up the EWM server, see Installing IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management.
- GitLab or GitLab Enterprise Server is installed and configured. It is assumed that the GitLab server is hosted on a Linux operating system. For details about installing and configuring the server, see Installing GitLab.
- The following software is installed on the Linux system that hosts the GitLab server:
- Node runtime
- On the system that hosts the GitLab server, ensure that the following executables are available
on the PATH environment variable:
- node.js or node
- Check whether git is available on the PATH by running the following command:
$> whereis git. If it returns the following output, then git is not available in the system PATH:
git:. Otherwise, you should see output similar to this:
git:/usr/bin/git. Repeat this step for the other executables listed in the previous step.
- On a Linux system, ensure that the bash executable is not a symbolic link to a different shell
by running the following command:
Verify that the output starts with GNU bash, version.