Adding and changing stream flow targets
All streams are flow targets of workspaces or other streams. Many streams have their own flow targets, which are typically established when the stream is created. You can use the Stream Editor to add or remove flow targets for a stream that you own.
About this task
Flow targets of streams document the standard flows for the change sets in the stream. You can change the flow direction of the flow target. If you set the flow direction of the flow target to incoming, the stream can accept changes only from the stream or repository workspace. If you set the flow direction to outgoing, the stream can deliver changes only to the stream or repository workspace. You can also set the current and default flow direction to incoming, outgoing, or both. By default, the flow target is added with the flow direction as incoming and outgoing.
- In the Team Artifacts view, right-click the stream and click Open.
- Navigate to the Flow Targets area
of the Stream editor. Any existing flow targets are listed. The default flow target and current flow target (which is typically the default flow target) are identified in the Default Flow and Current Flow columns.
- Click Add in the Flow
Targets area. (To remove a flow target, select it and click Remove.)
- In the Select a Stream or Workspace window,
choose the kind of flow target to search for. If the flow target you want to add is not displayed, you can enter a text string that is used to search for a stream or workspace whose name matches all or part of the text string. If you are not sure of the name of the stream or workspace but know the name of its owner, you can enter the owner name to see a list of streams or workspaces that are associated with that owner.
- Select one or more entries from the Recently Accessed Matches list and click OK to add the selected flow targets.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Optional: To change the flow direction for
Note: You can also set the current and default flow direction to incoming, outgoing, or both.
- In the Flow Targets area, select the repository workspace or stream and click Change Flow.
- In the Change Flow Target Direction window, select the direction of the flow of the selected target and click OK.
- In the stream editor, click Save.
What to do next
By default, the components in a stream flow with the stream's current flow target. You can edit any of the flow targets to specify that only a subset of components are included in flows to and from that target. To edit a flow target, select it and click Edit. Flow targets that are edited to specify a non-default flow scope are distinguished by the string (scoped) in the Flow targets list.