Creating a Jazz administrative user for the synchronization process
Before you can create a ClearCase® Synchronized Stream, you must create a Jazz administrative user with credentials that the synchronization process can use to access your team or project area.
About this task
The Jazz administrative user for the synchronization process provides Jazz® Team Server repository credentials that are used by the synchronization process. This user requires a special type of client access license and must never be used by a team member to connect to the repository. A Jazz Team Server repository administrator must create this user.
- Follow the procedures in Adding and modifying users to create a user account.
- The user name can be set to any string (for example,Jazz administrative user).
- The preferred user ID for this user is ccsync, and it is selected in the New ClearCase-Synchronized Stream wizard by default. You can specify a different user ID in the wizard if necessary.
- Assign JazzUser repository permissions to the ccsync user ID.
- Assign a ClearCase Synchronizer Client Access License to the ccsync ID. For more information, see Client access license management overview.