Additional ways to create work items
In addition to the procedure mentioned in the Creating work items topic, you can also create work items from various contexts of the IBM Engineering Workflow Management client for Microsoft Visual Studio IDE interface.
- In the Builds window, right-click a build result, and click Associate Work Item. In the Select work items window, click Create new work item.
- In the Error Log window, right-click an entry, and click Create work item.
- In the Work Items window, click
- While associating a work item to the change set, in the Select work items window, click Create new work item.
- In the work item editor, click the menu from the work item ID and select
Create Work Item Copy to create a duplicate work item. When you copy a work
item, you can select the following attributes if they have non-default values: Due Date, Estimate,
Category, Found In, Owner, Target, Tags, Parent, Priority, Severity, Time Spent, and all custom
attributes of the given type. The attributes that are copied are the selected attributes, summary,
and description. A link is also created to the original work item.
Links and file attachments are not copied to the new work item. But if Parent is selected, the Parent link is copied.