A snapshot records the current baselines of each component in a repository workspace or stream. You can take a snapshot to create a record of the configuration of a collection of components. Whenever you want, you can return to the previous snapshot configuration.
- You can create a snapshot from a repository workspace or stream. Navigate to a repository
workspace or stream by using the following steps:
- Repository workspace: Go to your repository workspace from the Pending Changes view or under My Repository Workspaces in the Team Artifacts view.
- Stream: In the Team Artifacts view, go to .
- Right-click your repository workspace or stream and click .
- In the New Snapshot dialog box, enter the name of the snapshot.
- Optional: To select specific components to be included in the snapshot, click Advanced.
- Optional: You can enter the description if required. Select the Create new baselines, even for unchanged components checkbox to create a new baseline for each of the selected components.
- Click OK to create the snapshot.
The baselines are displayed in the Outgoing folder of each component.
What to do next
- Locate snapshots: To see snapshots of a repository workspace or stream, navigate to any repository workspace or stream and click .
- New repository workspace from snapshot: Create a new repository workspace from the snapshot.
- New stream from snapshot: Create a new stream from the snapshot.
- Replace repository workspace contents: Replace an existing repository workspace contents with snapshot.
- Set owner: Associate a snapshot to a stream or repository workspace.
- Delete: Delete a snapshot.
- Compare with: Compare a snapshot with another snapshot or a snapshot from a stream or repository workspace.