Lesson 6.2: Submit a Defect record
In this lesson, you will submit a Defect record in the IBM® Rational® ClearQuest® client, then verify that the ClearQuest Synchronizer creates a corresponding work item in the Jazz® project area.
About this task
To submit a Defect record:
- Click .
- Click . Select the connection for the user database that you created for this tutorial, and login to the database. If necessary, create a new connection.
- Click Headline field, such as Sample Defect 1. In the Project field, select the project record that you created in the previous lesson. Complete the Severity and Priority fields. Click OK.. Enter a name in the
In the Team Artifacts view in the IBM Engineering Workflow Management Eclipse
client, perform the following steps:
- Expand the tutorial project area node.
- Expand .
- Double-click Recently created to run that query.
- Verify that the query returns a work item whose Summary field has the same name as the Headline field in the Defect record. For example, Sample Defect 1.
- Double-click the work item to open it. Change the value of one of the fields, such as Priority. Click Save to save the change.
- In the ClearQuest client, right-click the Personal Queries folder and select New Query. Select Defect as the record type. Complete the remaining steps in the wizard and save the query. Double-click the query to run it. Open the Sample Defect 1 record. Verify that the field that you changed in the corresponding work item contains the new value.
You have now verified that the ClearQuest Synchronizer is successfully synchronizing ClearQuest defects with Engineering Workflow Management work items.