Entering time for a work item in the web client
Before you begin
About this task
By default, this feature is available in the Formal Project Management process template. If you are using the Scrum process template, you can enable this feature by customizing the template. For more information about customizing the template, see Adding formal project management features to a process template.
By default, the Time Tracking tab is available for the Defect, Task, and Risk Action work item types only.
- Open the work item for which to enter the time.
- Click the Time Tracking tab.
- Select a week to enter time for. By default, the current week is selected.
- Click Add: Time entry row.
- From the Time code menu, select
a time code. By default, some time codes are defined as enumerations for the process template. You can add, edit, or delete time codes.
- In the day fields, enter the number of hours that you worked
on the work item for each day. The Week Total field displays the total number of hours that are entered for a week. The Work Item Total field displays the total number of hours that are entered for the work item. To delete a specific time code, click the Delete icon in the Actions column.Note: You can delete unsaved time entries. If all values are set to 0, you can also delete saved time entries.
- Click Save. By default, the value in the Work Item Total field on the Time Tracking tab is synchronized with the value in the Time Spent field on the Overview tab.