Adding the Restricted Access presentation
To enable users to restrict read access to specific work items, you can add the Restricted Access presentation to the work item editor.
By default, read access for work items is determined by the access control settings and work item category restricted access settings in the project area. The Restricted Access presentation provides users with the ability to override this default and specify a different project area, an access group, or Public, which refers to all users in the repository.
About this task
- On the Application Administration page of the web client, click the Project Areas tab.
- On the Active Project Areas page, click the project area that you want to open.
- Click Work Items, then click Editor Presentations.
- Select an editor in the Choose the Editor Presentation to edit field.
- Expand the tab that contains the section to which you want to add the Restricted Access presentation. Select the section. For example, the Details section on the Overview tab. Click , the Add Presentation icon.
- In the Add Presentation window, select Restricted
Access in the Attribute field and Access
Control in the Kind field. Click OK.
- Click Save to save your changes to the project area.
When users open work items in the editor to which you added the presentation, the editor contains the Restricted Access field, which has a dropdown list where users can select the access context for the work item.