Running a simulation build
If your project area and team role have the necessary permission, you can run simulation builds from the build menu of a dependency build definition
Before you begin
- To run simulation builds, you must have a Developer for IBM® Enterprise Platforms client access license.
- The build definition template for your build must be either the IBM i Dependency Build - Rational Build Agent or the z/OS Dependency Build - Rational Build Agent them. Also, the Trust build outputs check box must be selected.
About this task
- In the Team Artifacts view, expand the project folder.
- Expand the Builds folder and locate the build name in the list.
- Right-click the build name and click Request Build.
- On the Request Build page, expand Dependency Build Options, and select Simulation build.
- If you want the simulation build processing to verify that
all of the associated binary files are in the file system at the expected
location, select Verify build outputs.
The verification process adds an extra parameter, binaryExists, to the simulation build registry, simulationRegistry.xml. The parameter indicates whether each expected file is present.
- Click Submit.
What to do next
This is a normal database
administration task to be completed by a DBA. Whenever a large amount of data is added to a
reorg needs to be run and statistics (
to be executed against the database tables. Running these commands (in Db2) ensures optimal
performance to be realized when accessing the database. Refer to other supported DBMS (such as
Oracle) user manuals for equivalent commands.