Creating a dependency build definition
You can use the dependency build template to create the build definition for a dependency build.
To set up and run a dependency build, you must have a Developer for IBM® Enterprise Platforms client access license.
Before you begin
After you make changes to your files, you can run a dependency build to build only files that changed or that are affected by changes. You can also run a dependency build when you want to rebuild only a specific application or set of files.
About this task
- To create a build definition for a dependency build, from the Team Artifacts view, right-click the Builds node in your project area, and click New Build Definition.
- In the New Build Definition wizard, select Create
new build, and then follow the prompts to create the build.
Tip: From the list of available build templates, select either IBM i Dependency Build - Rational Build Agent or z/OS Dependency Build - Rational Build Agent.
- After you configure a dependency build definition, you
can edit the configuration selections:
- From the Team Artifacts view, select your project, and then expand the Builds node.
- Right-click the build definition to modify, and click Open Build Definition.
- Edit the build definition, and then click Save.
- Click Finish. The Build Definition editor opens.
What to do next
Customize your dependency build settings by using the Build Definition editor.