Lesson 1: Control read access to project area
In this lesson, you create a project area and explore how to control who can access the project area and its artifacts.
Before you begin this lesson, you must be able to log on as a user who has JazzAdmins repository permissions and the IBM® Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) Developer client access license.
Before you begin
To create a project area and explore read access settings:
- Open the Change and Configuration Management application administration page at https://fully-qualified-host-name:9443/ccm/admin, and log on as a user who has JazzAdmins repository permissions and the EWM Developer client access license. Throughout the rest of this tutorial, the name of this user is Helen.
- Click .
- Create a project area:
- Click .
- Enter a name for the project area, such as My Tutorial Project Area.
- In the Process section, select Scrum.
- If the predefined process templates are not shown, click Deploy predefined process templates.
- In the Members section, click Add to add yourself as a member.
- Click Save to save the project area.
- In the Members section, click , the Members Menu icon,
next to your entry and select Add Process Roles.
Select the Product Owner role and click Add to
assign yourself the Product Owner role. Click Save to
save the project area.
- Click the Access Control tab. Members
of the project area hierarchy is selected. This setting
is the default setting for new project areas. Users who are not members
of the project area or one of its team areas cannot access the project
area or any of its artifacts, including work items, plans, or dashboards.
- Create a user:
Throughout the rest of this tutorial, the name of this user is Bill.
- From the Administration menu () click Manage Users.
- Click Create User.
- Enter a name, user ID, and email address for a user. For the email address, type email@example.com.
- Select the JazzUsers repository permission and the EWM Developer license.
- Click Save to create the user.
- Click . The project area that you created is shown.
- Log out as the current user by clicking Log Out from the User Profile menu ().
- Log on by using the user ID and password of the new user that you created, Bill. The project area is no longer listed because you are logged on as Bill, who does not belong to the project area.
- Log out, and then log on as Helen. The project area is now listed. Click the project area to open it.
- Click Access Control. Select Members of the project area hierarchy and users in the access list. In the Users to be Added to the Access List section, click Add. Enter Bill, and then select him. Click Add and Close. Click Save to save the project area.
- Log out, and then log on as Bill.
You now have access to the project area.
In this lesson, you learned the following information:
- By default, only the members of the project area hierarchy have access to a project area.
- You can change the access control setting so that users who are not members of the project area hierarchy have access.