Creating a team area
You can create a team area to assign users in particular roles for work on a timeline or a particular set of deliverables. You can also create a team area within another team area to establish a team hierarchy.
This topic assumes that you have administrator permissions in an existing project area.
Before you begin
- In the Team Artifacts view or the Team Organization view, right-click a project area or an existing team area and click .
- In the Create Team Area window, type a name and an optional summary for the team area.
- Click Browse to modify the following values:
- Select a different project area in the repository.
- Select a team area as a parent for the new team, or click Clear to move the team area to the top-level in the project team hierarchy.
- Assign the team to a timeline defined by the project area. By default, a child team area inherits the timeline of its parent team area.
- Click Finish. The team area opens in the editor view.
- Type an optional summary and description for the team area.
- Click Save.
After the team area is created, you can add team members, assign roles for them, and assign the team to a different timeline. From the Links tab of the Team Area editor, you can create artifacts, such as plans, reports, and shared work item queries.