Creating project areas
You can create a project area in a repository to manage the project deliverables, team structure, process, and schedule.
Before you begin
You must be a member of either the JazzProjectAdmins group or the JazzAdmins group. Log in to the repository connection before performing the following task.
About this task
- Right-click a repository connection in the Team Artifacts view and select .
- In the Create Project Area window, enter a name and optional summary for the project area and click Next.
- If your team does not have custom process templates in the repository, click the
Deploy Templates button to deploy the predefined templates to the
repository. Attention: If you upgrade from a previous release, deploying templates overwrites the previous versions of those templates. If you have customized the templates and want to preserve those customizations, open the templates in the Process Template editor; change their IDs and names; and save them before you deploy the new predefined templates.
- To see only templates that are available for a specific locale, select the locale from
the list and select Filter by locale. These locales are only available if the
repository contains locale-specific templates. Select one of the process templates.
Note: A project area can make its process available to other project areas by sharing its process. If the new project area will consume the shared process of another project area, select the Unconfigured Process template.
- Click Finish. The project area Overview tab opens in the Project Area editor.
- Add an optional description for the project. If you created the project area with the Unconfigured Process template, select Use the process configuration from another project area for this project area in the Process Sharing section; click Change in the Project Area field; and select the project area whose process you want to use. Click Save.