Adding existing users
You can add users who are already in the repository to a project area or a team area.
You must have Save Project Area permission for the project area.
Before you begin
- Open the Overview page in the project
area editor or the team area editor:
- For a project area, right-click the project area in the Team Artifacts view and click Open.
- For a team area, expand a project in the Team Organization view, right-click a team area and click Open.
- At the Members list, click Add.
- Enter a space to search on word boundaries or * for a full wildcard (substring) search. For example, Ja* will find Jane and Jason.
- Select a user and click Select to add the user to the Selected users list. Click Next.
- Select from the Available Roles list to assign one or more process roles to the user. Click Finish.
- Click Save in the project area or the team area editor.
After adding users to a team, you are prompted to send an invitation to the new members to join the project area or team area. The invitation is sent in email and can include the repository name, user ID and name, project area, and team area. Depending on your team's process, after accepting the invitation, new users receive new work items to guide them through common team tasks, such as setting up instant messaging, finding work items, and creating a repository workspace.
By default, the predefined process templates have the Create Initial Work Items follow-up action enabled on the Generate Team Invitation operation. This follow-up action creates several work items and assigns them to the new members of the project area or team area. To disable or modify the follow-up action, see Modifying operation behavior (preconditions and follow-up actions) in project areas and team areas.