Integrating Engineering Test Management and Selenium
You can use the JUnit Selenium adapter to run Selenium version 2.0 WebDriver JUnit4 tests in the Quality Management application. Selenium automates browsers, primarily for automating web applications for testing purposes.
Before you begin
- You must have a Java™ runtime environment (JRE) 1.6 or later on the computer that runs the JUnit Selenium adapter.
- You must use a process that includes the Java executable file in the PATH environment variable to start the JUnit Selenium adapter.
- Before you use the adapter, you must compile your JUnit tests to create .class files. The adapter does not come with a Java SDK, which is required for compiling Java sources.
- The JUnit tests to run must be on the same computer that runs the adapter.
About this task
Integration with Selenium is implemented by using a JUnit Selenium adapter. With the adapter, you can run Selenium version 2.0 WebDriver JUnit4 tests in Engineering Test Management. The adapter serves as a bridge between Selenium and Engineering Test Management.
While the adapter runs, it polls the Quality Management server for requests to run Selenium tests. Requests include the Java classes to run, such as a JUnit test suite or test case, and any extra class path values that are required. Optionally, requests can also include the Java system properties that are to be set for the Java virtual machine (JVM) that runs the test. After the test runs, the adapter uploads the execution result and associated attachments to the server.
- Copy the RQMJUnitSeleniumAdapter.zip file to the computer that runs the adapter and extract the file to a local directory.
- Download all of the required Selenium and JUnit4 packages and dependencies.
- Configure and start the adapter. Note: To connect to an URI that is not public, set the rqm.useNonPublicURI entry to true in the config.ini file.
For more information about test tool adapters, including adapter version and user account requirements, see
Rational® test tools integration overview.