At any point in time, you can create a snapshot of a test plan, test case, test suite, or test script. A snapshot is a read-only version of a test artifact.
About this task
- Snapshots do not support test data or environments.
- You can enable test artifact versioning by using configuration management. When you enable configuration management in a project area, the default versioning feature and snapshots are turned off. You cannot create any new snapshots once configuration management is enabled.
- Cloning or copying the audit history to a snapshot is not supported. You can use the snapshot replacement, Enable only baselines mode. For more information, see Enabling QM project areas to use baselines.
- The execution records and results snapshots of the referenced test cases or suites are created only for a test plan snapshot, and not for a test case or test suite snapshot.
- In a test plan snapshot, case, or suite, the execution record sections always display the archived execution records, so the execution record cannot be hidden.
- Open a test plan, test case, test suite, or test script.
- In the Sections pane, click Snapshots.
- Click Create New Snapshot.
- In the Create New Snapshot dialog box, type a snapshot name and
description. Use a name and description that helps identify the version of the test artifact.
- Click OK.
A read-only snapshot of the test artifact is created.
What to do next
After you create a snapshot, you can use it to create an editable test artifact that represents a previous version of a test plan, test case, test suite, or test script.