Editing manual test script steps
The Manual Test editor is a rich-text editor for editing test script steps.
In the test script, begin typing your statements in the step text editor. The default step type
is an Execution Step. A step is composed of three fields:
Description, Expected Results, and
To change the step type to a reporting or information step, click the arrow next to the Execution Step icon , and then select the step to change to.
- In the Description field, describe the action to take. Each step is an individual action.
In the Expected Results field, specify the conditions that must be met
for a step to be considered successful.
To increase the height of the editor so that you can enter multi-line text, press Shift+Enter.
Press Enter to move to the next line.
To insert a step before or after the current step click Insert New Step Above or Insert New Step Below in the Actions menu . You can also use the following keyboard shortcuts:
- Ctrl+Shift+Enter: Insert a new step before the current step.
- Shift+EnterCtrl+Enter: Insert a new step after the current step.
- Ctrl+Shift+C+Enter: Copy the current custom attribute before the current step.
- Ctrl+C+Enter: Copy the current custom attribute after the current step.
Add requirements traceability to individual steps by either of the following methods:
To enable requirement linking in test scripts, the project administrator must select the preference to Allow linking between test script steps and requirements, located under .
- To link steps to requirements that are associated with the test case, click Show Requirement View. In the Requirement View, scroll down to see associated requirements. Drag individual requirements to test script steps.
- To link steps to any requirements associated with the project, in the Attachments/Links column, click .
- To remove requirements from a step, perform the following substeps:
- In the Attachments/Links field, click the Validates Requirements icon .
- Select the individual requirement.
Select the Remove Requirement Link from Step icon.
All the requirements that are linked to the step are removed.
- To cut, copy, paste, or delete test script steps, select the steps and click Cut, Copy, Paste, or Delete Step from the Actions menu . If the test script step is deleted, you cannot recover it. It does not move to the trash.
- To toggle between normal and compact views, click the Compact View icon. Only a portion of the steps is displayed when you compact the view, which makes it easy to see the entire script.
- To change the width of each column, drag the column dividers.
- To add comments in steps, click the Show/Hide Comments Column icon and select Show Comments Column.