Working when disconnected from CCM server (Offline mode)
When Rhapsody cannot communicate with the CCM server, you can continue to work on your model and save the changes (Offline mode). Once communication is reestablished, you can return to Online mode by selecting from the pop-up menu, or clicking the RMM status button on the RMM toolbar.
Entering Offline mode
- If you open an RMM-enabled project, and Rhapsody cannot
establish communication with the CCM server, an error message is displayed along with these options:
- Work Offline
- Close Project
If you select the Work Offline option, you can still make changes to your model and save them.
If you try saving changes to an RMM-enabled project, and Rhapsody cannot establish communication with the CCM server, you will be asked if you want to save the changes in Offline mode.
Returning to Online mode
Once communication is reestablished, you can return to online mode by selecting RMM status button on the RMM toolbar. The icons in the model browser will indicate which changes have not been checked-in and delivered. If your model uses the property UnitAutomaticOperationOnSave to have saved changes automatically checked-in (or checked-in and delivered), these actions will be performed automatically when you return to Online mode.from the pop-up menu, or by clicking the
- Returning to Online mode requires reopening of the model. After selecting the Go Online (RMM) menu item or clicking the RMM status button, you will be asked if you want to reopen the model and return to Online mode.
- If you are working on an RMM model in Offline mode and then close the model, you will still be in Offline mode the next time you open the model in Rhapsody. In such cases, you will be notified that you are working in Offline mode.
RMM status button
The RMM status button can show the following statuses:
- Online mode
- Offline mode
- Not enabled for Rhapsody Model Manager
Actions that cannot be performed in Offline mode
- Actions that involve corresponding source control actions: deleting, renaming, or moving saved units
- EWM integration actions, such as check-in, deliver, associate work item/change request, lock/unlock, locate in pending changes, locate in repository files, show history
- Create OSLC links to remote artifacts
- Update diagram/table/matrix views on the RMM server