Lesson 2: Add a data source schema to the template
Add a data source schema to access the queries and attributes to apply to the elements for structuring your report.
- In the Document Studio application, click . Click Next.
- For the Schema type field, select the type that applies
to your data source. Example:
- IBM Engineering Test Management: Generic XML
- IBM Engineering Workflow Management: REST v1
- Enter a URL or click Browse to select the schema file. Examples:
- Engineering Test Management: https://server:port/qm/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/schema/feed.xsd
- Engineering Test Management: https://server:port/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?metadata=schema
- Optional: Customize the name of the data source schema to configLayerSchema.
- Click Next.
- Review the summary and click Finish.
The data source schema displays in the Data Source View.
- Add elements to the template:
- From the Palette view, drag a Paragraph element into the template content editor.
- From the Data Source View, drag the query into the paragraph element and use it as a query.
- From the Palette view, drag a Text element into the paragraph element.
- From the Data Source View, drag an attribute of the query you added to the paragraph element and use it as a value.
You added a data source schema and elements to a template.