Scheduling document-style report generation
You can schedule a report to generate a document-style report at a specific time. For example, you might want the document-style report to be generated every day at the same time.
Before you create a schedule, an administrator must set the Publishing Document Builder base URL runtime variable on the Runtime variables tab.
Before you begin
- Go to the Reports tab of Publishing Document Builder.
- Find the report in the list and in the Generate column click Generate later .
- Enter the name and description of the job schedule.
- Enter any tags for the schedule.
- If you want to store the schedule in a folder, click Select folder and then choose or create a folder.
To share the results of the document-style report generation job with your team, select the
Share report results checkbox.
If the user with pub_admin role sets the property Results sharing enabled to false in Permission and sharing section of Runtime variables tab, you cannot see Share report results checkbox.
- To assign owners to the schedule, click Add owners
to add the available users in IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization -
Publishing (PUB). Select
the users from Choose schedule owners window. The selected users become the
owners of the schedule and the generated document-style reports with the same privileges as the
creator of the schedule and the document-style report. Important: If Publishing Document Builder is registered with Jazz® Team Server (JTS), an email notification is sent to all the owners during document-style reports generation.
Set the frequency of the job:
- One time
- Set the start or end dates of the job by using the calendar.
- Click Schedule.
For this scheduled job to run successfully, you must generate this document-style report at
least once before the first instance on the schedule so that the credentials are stored for this
The schedule appears in the Schedules tab of Publishing Document Builder. When a scheduled job runs, you can see the status of the running job in the Results tab.
- To see the completed jobs that are associated with a schedule, click View generated document-style reports icon in the Actions column.
- In the Actions column, you can also edit and delete the schedules.