Document Studio and Launcher desktop applications
IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing (PUB) contains two Eclipse-based client applications: Document Studio and Launcher. When you install both applications, a shortcut is created on your desktop to each application. Though they are separate applications and have separate configuration files, they can also function as Eclipse perspectives. As perspectives, you can switch between them or open views from each in one Eclipse instance.
The Document Studio application
Document Studio is a stand-alone application that is used for designing document templates through various views and wizards. You can choose elements to create a template that can populate and format the latest data from your data source.
- Create a template.
- Create master pages to define a header, a footer, and properties such as the page orientation and border styling.
- Add data source schemas to include queries and attributes to define the data structure.
- Create variables for calculations and configuring values at run time.
- Create styles that can apply to specific element types.
- Configure, preview, and generate document-style reports as you design them.
The Launcher application
The Launcher is a stand-alone application that is used to create document specifications and generate output document-style report from these specifications. The Launcher can run also from a command-line utility to generate a set of document-style reports. You can choose manual or wizard-driven document-style report generation, as you are most comfortable. The Launcher is also accessible from Document Studio; when used from Document Studio, you can automatically synchronize the document specification with the current template.
The following diagram shows the architecture of the desktop client applications.
- DOORS = IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS®
- DOORS Next = IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next
- DWA = IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS - Web Access
- ETM = IBM Engineering Test Management
- EWM = IBM Engineering Workflow Management
- JRS = Jazz® Reporting Service
- PUB = IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Publishing
- Rhapsody = IBM Engineering Systems Design Rhapsody®
- RMM = IBM Rhapsody Model Manager