SMP/E installation process
IBM® System Modification Program/Extended (SMP/E) installs software and software changes on your z/OS® systems.
SMP/E is the tool for installing and maintaining software on z/OS
systems. SMP/E controls software changes at the element level. Job Control Language (JCL) is
submitted through 3270 emulation, which is also known as
green screen. This method is a
standard installation method that is used by IBM
Liberty for z/OS, Db2® for z/OS, and other z/OS products.
- Program directories (PDF files)
- The program directories contain the instructions for installing the ELM applications on z/OS, such as IBM Engineering Workflow Management (EWM), IBM Engineering Test Management (ETM), and IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS® Next (DOORS Next). Each program directory is specific to each
product, but follows a template. The program directories contain standard instructions for
installing Jazz® Team Server and all of the common files on z/OS by using SMP/E. Use one of the program directories to complete the
installation. The program directories are also available online. For more information, see the IBM Engineering Lifecycle Management v7.0.3 program directories for z/OS at https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/node/6479339.Remember: The program directories list specific directory path names. If you extract your files to a different location, you must update the path names to match your location.
- Binary files
- The binary files are the files to be uploaded to z/OS for the
SMP/E installation process. Restrictions:
- No compressed files can be installed directly to z/OS without SMP/E.
- The binary files are not useful outside of SMP/E. The program directories provide detailed steps to upload the files and configure provided sample JCL to install by using SMP/E.
- The SMP/E installation process does not include configuration.
- The program directories describe installation only.
The SMP/E package installs several MVS™ data sets. Of particular interest are hlq.SBLZSAMP and hlq.SBLZAUTH, in which hlq is the high-level qualifier that you selected during the SMP/E installation. As noted in the program directories, hlq.SBLZAUTH must be APF-authorized. Many of the additional configuration steps involve editing and submitting JCL that is found in the hlq.SBLZSAMP data set. If you plan to use the Engineering Workflow Management ISPF client, hlq.SBLZAUTH must be available in LNKLST.
The SMP/E package also installs one z/OS UNIX System Services file directory: /@pathPrefix@/usr/lpp/jazz/v7.0.3, where @pathPrefix@ is the path prefix that you specified during the SMP/E installation.
- HRCC703 - Common components
- This FMID is a prerequisite for the other FMIDs and must always be installed. It includes the SMP/E JCL and several utilities that other FMIDs share.
- HRBA703 - Rational® Build Agent
- Install this FMID if you plan to run Enterprise Extensions, JCL, or command line builds on z/OS.
- HRBT703 - Engineering Workflow Management - Build System Toolkit
- Install this FMID if you plan to run any of the following functions on z/OS:
- Enterprise builds
- Jazz Build Engine
- ISPF client
- Mass import tool
- Packaging and deployment
- Integration with IBM Developer for z/OS
- HRCM703 - Engineering Workflow Management - Change and Configuration Management (CCM)
- Install this FMID if you plan to use the server CCM capabilities of Engineering Workflow Management on z/OS.
- HRDV703 - Engineering Workflow Management - IBM Developer for z/OS subset
- Install this FMID in these cases:
- If you do not have IBM Developer for z/OS installed and you plan to submit or monitor JCL-based builds on z/OS.
- If you do not have IBM Developer for z/OS installed and you plan to use the Engineering Workflow Management compilation results view as part of your enterprise builds for z/OS compilations.
- HRGC703 - Global Configuration Management
- Install this FMID if you plan to use the functions of Global Configuration Management on z/OS.
- HRJS703 - Jazz Team Server
- Install this FMID if you plan to run Jazz Team Server on z/OS. HRJS703 includes the server executable files that are installed to the z/OS UNIX System Services. HRJS703 also includes the startup JCL installed to a z/OS data set.
- HRLI703 - Link Index Provider
- Install this FMID if you plan to use the functions of Link Index Provider on z/OS.
- HRQM703 - Engineering Test Management - Quality Management (QM)
- Install this FMID if you plan to use the server QM capabilities of Engineering Test Management on z/OS.
- HRRE703 - IBM Engineering Lifecycle Optimization - Engineering Insights (ENI)
- Install this FMID if you plan to use the functions of Engineering Insights on z/OS.
- HRRM703 - Requirements Management (RM)
- Install this FMID if you plan to use the server RM capabilities of Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next.
- HRRS703 - IBM Jazz Reporting Service
- Install this FMID if you plan to use the functions of the IBM Jazz Reporting service, including the Data Collection Component (DCC), Lifecycle Query Engine (LQE), or Report Builder.
- HRWL703 - IBM WebSphere® Liberty
- Install this FMID if you plan to run the server by using the WebSphere Liberty on z/OS. This FMID also includes WebSphere Liberty webserver plug-ins to be used with IBM HTTP Server on z/OS. Refer to documentation of WebSphere Liberty for information on configuring the HTTP server and plug-ins.
Installation process on z/OS
- Complete the SMP/E installation.
- Finish the customization on z/OS.
- If you installed Jazz Team Server on z/OS, configure Jazz Team Server.
- Configure any ELM applications that you installed on z/OS.
- Install the Engineering Workflow Management client on your computer.
For detailed instructions, see Checklist for installing the Engineering Lifecycle Management on z/OS systems.