Approving access requests
After you create a provisional OAuth consumer key and request access from one Jazz® application to another, use Jazz server administration to grant access by approving provisional OAuth keys on each participating server.
Before you begin
You must establish cross-server communication for Jazz technology platform products before you perform this procedure.
To approve a consumer key that is requested by another server:
- Log in to the Jazz server by using an account that has Jazz Administrator privileges.
- On the Server Administration page, click the Server tab.
- Select the Consumers (Inbound) page.
New requests are listed in the Provisional Keys section.
- To identify the application that uses the consumer key,
update the Consumer Name field with the name
of the application that is requesting access to this application,
- Optional: If the consumer shares authorization with other trusted consumers, select the Trusted check box.
- At the Authorized field, change the Pending value to Approve.
- Click Save. The key is included in the Authorized Keys section of the page. The requesting Jazz application can now use the key to communicate with this application.