Generating a comparison document-style report in Publishing Document Builder
You can create a document-style report that shows the differences between two document-style reports. For example, you might want to compare two different views from IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS® Next (DOORS Next), or two versions of a test case or test plan in IBM Engineering Test Management.
About this task
- On the Resources tab, click the Connections tab.
- Create a new connection or edit an existing connection.
For a new connection, in the URL field, specify the URL for the resource
or click Select.
- In Select connection URL window, complete the following fields
and click Go.
- Enter the Host IP/Address, port, and context root in Host Details field.Note: If the Publishing Document Builder is registered with a Jazz® Team Server (JTS), then the JTS Server name is pre-populated in the host details field.
- Select the common providers from the list.
- Select the service catalog from the list. To select the RM artifact as in the URI property, select the oslc_rm option. To select configuration, as in the Configuration-Context property, select the oslc_config option.
- Select the service provider from the list.
- Select the selection dialog from the list.
- Select the configuration from the list.
- Enter the Host IP/Address, port, and context root in Host Details field.
- In Enter connection credentials pop-up window, select the
Authentication method from the following list, enter username and password,
and click OK.
Note: The user can specify the user password or the application password that is generated by the configured third-party identity provider, such as SAML or OIDC. User must select Basic authentication method while using application password.An embedded web browser displays the OSLC delegated dialog box for you to select the resource.
- SSL certificate: If you choose SSL certificate, click + sign to add a certificate. In the Upload window, enter certificate name, description, select the certificate, and click Upload. These certificates are private and user-specific.
- Select a resource from the list and click
OK. The URL is now displayed in URL field, further URL modification is not needed.
- In Select connection URL window, complete the following fields and click Go.
In the Configuration field, click Select.
- Enter relevant information such as Host IP/Address, port, and context root in Configuration provider field.
- Select the Common providers from the list.
Click Go. An embedded web browser displays the OSLC delegated dialog box for you to select the configuration.
- Select a project area.
- If applicable, select a component.
- Select a configuration from the list and click OK.
- In the Base configuration field, repeat these steps to select another configuration of the same resource.
- Save the connection.
- Go to the Reports tab and click the Generate icon for the report that you want to generate a comparison document-style report for.
- When prompted for the connection, select the connection that you just created with both the configuration and the base configuration.
- Click Generate.
When the document-style report generation is complete, go to the Results
tab to see the generated document-style reports. The Word output has three
Note: If password is set for the Microsoft Word output, you can use the same password to open Target document-style report, Base document-style report and Compare document-style report.
- target_document_name.doc (generated from the Configuration)
- base_target_document_name.doc (generated from the Base configuration)
- compare_target_document_name.doc (Shows the differences between the two document-style reports)
For more information, see the video Generate comparison document in Document Builder.