Creating a lifecycle project that includes only existing project areas
In the Lifecycle Project Administration user interface, you can create a lifecycle project without creating new project areas. This option allows you to add existing project areas to a lifecycle project so that you can manage those project areas from a central location.
Before you begin
About this task
- On the Projects page of the user interface, click the Create Project icon, .
- Enter a name for the lifecycle project.
- In the Template field, select Empty Lifecycle
Project. Note: When you create a lifecycle project and specify Empty Lifecycle Project, the Lifecycle Project Administration user interface does not establish associations between the existing project areas that you include in the lifecycle project. If the existing project areas already have associations, those associations remain in place.
- In the Additional Artifact Containers section, click Add.
The Select Artifact Container window displays the available project areas for each installed application.
- Select an application that contains a project area that you want to add to the lifecycle project.
- In the Artifact Container section, select the project area. Click Add.
- Select additional project areas from the available applications. When you have selected all of the project areas to include in the lifecycle project, click Save.