Adding project areas to a lifecycle project
You can add existing project areas to lifecycle projects so that you can manage those project areas from a central location.
Ensure that you have either of the following group permissions:
Before you begin
- JazzProjectAdmins: This group permission is required to create a lifecycle project and add users as members to those projects.
- JazzAdmins: This group permissions is required to create users and add them as members to any
For information about permissions and access controls, see Understanding licenses, permissions, and access control.
After you add existing project areas to a lifecycle project, you can add members to all of those project areas and assign roles to those members.
About this task
Note: When you add existing project areas to a lifecycle project, associations are not added to those project areas. If the existing project areas already have associations, those associations remain in place.
- On the Projects page of the Lifecycle Project Administration user interface, click a lifecycle project.
- In the Additional Artifact Containers section, click Add.
- Select the application that contains the project area that you want to add to the lifecycle project.
- Select the project area that you want to add.
- Click Add Artifact Container.
- Click Save to save the project area.
The project areas are added to the lifecycle project.
You can now add members to all of the project areas included in the lifecycle project. You can also assign roles to project area members from within the lifecycle project. If you want members to be able to link artifacts between the existing project areas that you added to the lifecycle project and the other project areas in the lifecycle project, open each project area and add associations to support the artifact linking. See Adding associations.