Restoring practices, practice elements, and practice categories
You can restore archived practices, practice elements, and practice categories for project areas and team areas. Restoring one of these objects makes it visible in the user interface.
You must have permission to modify the process description.
Before you begin
- In the web client, navigate to the Active Project Areas page. See Logging in for project administrators and team leads (web).
- In the list of active project areas, click a project area to open it in the project area editor. To restore an object for a team area, click the team area in the Team Area Hierarchy section.
- Click the Process Description tab.
- In the Practices pane, click the Show
Archived icon . The archived practices are displayed. If a practice was not archived, but practice elements or practice categories in that practice were archived, those elements and categories are displayed. Although you can show an archived practice, you cannot add elements or categories to it. You must restore a practice before you can add elements and categories to it. Similarly, you must restore a category before you can add child categories or practice elements to it.
- In the Practices pane, navigate to
the row of a practice, practice element, or practice category and
click the Restore icon . You cannot restore a practice element or category in an archived practice. When you restore a practice, all its archived practice elements and categories are also restored.
The practices, practice elements, and practice categories are restored and visible in the user interface. You can now add elements and categories to the restored practices. Similarly, you can add child categories and practice elements to a restored category.