Changing the synchronization frequency
An LDAP nightly sync task refreshes the user information in the Jazz® Team Server repository with the latest information in the LDAP user directory. You can disable the task or change its frequency.
Before you begin
About this task
- You do not need to restart the server for the changes to take effect.
- You can turn off all sync activity, including the sync task at 1:00 AM, by changing the value for the Enable LDAP Nightly sync field to false.
- You can also avoid the synchronization at 1:00 AM by changing the LDAP Nightly Sync
Fixed Delay field to a different value.
After the new value takes effect, synchronization will occur at the new delay period every day of the week.
To disable the sync task or change the frequency:
- Log in to the Administration page of the Jazz Team Server.
Point your web browser to
fully_qualified_hostnameis the host name along with the DNS domain reference of the computer on which the Jazz Team Server is installed.
- On the Administration page, click the Server tab.
- In the Configuration pane, click Advanced Properties.
- Navigate to the com.ibm.team.repository.service.jts.internal.userregistry.ldap.LDAPNightlySyncTask property.
- To disable the LDAP nightly sync task, in the Enable LDAP Nightly sync field, change the value to false.
- To change the frequency of the sync task, in the LDAP Nightly Sync Fixed
Delay field, type the new frequency in seconds. For example, 3600 is one hour.
- Click Save.
To start the next sync task immediately, see repotools -syncUsers.
If you are frequently changing and synchronizing large amounts of user data, running the sync task too frequently might negatively impact the performance of your server.