Assigning administrative privileges
You can designate a user as an administrator in a project area or a team area. The administrative control also applies to all child team areas that are located within the project area or team area where it is assigned. Administrators have permission to save all changes to the project area or team area. The administrator is typically responsible for managing the process, including adding members and assigning roles, for the project area or team area. If users do not have the permissions they need, they should contact an administrator.
Before you begin
- Navigate to the project area in the administrative web interface. See Logging in for project administrators and team leads (web).
- From within the project area Overview page, you can navigate to a team area by clicking the team area under the Team Area Hierarchy heading.
- In the Administrators section, click Add.
Enter the name, or part of the name, of the user to search for. Select the user from the Matching
users list. Click Add or Add &
Close. You can invite new administrators to join the project area or team area by clicking Invite to Join Team in the Administrators Menu icon. You can also use the Administrators Menu icon to remove administrators. If you have a long list of administrators, not all of them are displayed. To display the full list, click Show All at the end of the list. To display the shorter list, click Show Less. To filter the list of administrators displayed by Name, User ID, or E-mail address, enter a text string in the Search text box. To invite multiple administrators to join the project area or team area, or remove multiple administrators from the project area or team area, select the check box next to each administrator name. You can also use the options in the Select menu as following:
- To select all administrators, select the Select All option.
- To remove all administrators from the selected list, click Select None.
- To add all administrators that are currently displayed to the selected list, click Add Displayed to Selection.
- To remove all administrators that are currently displayed from the selected list, click Remove Displayed from Selection.
- To reverse the set of selected and unselected administrators, click Select Inverse. This action causes all selected administrators to be unselected, and all unselected members to be selected.
- Click Save to save the project area or team area.
- If the new administrator is not already a member of the project area or team area, you are prompted to send an E-mail invitation to the new administrator to join the project area or team area. The Invite to Join Team window contains default welcome text, which you can change. The window also contains a properties section that identifies the repository name, user ID and name, project area, and, if applicable, team area. For Change and Configuration Management project areas, users can copy the properties and paste them into the Accept Team Invitation window in the IBM® Engineering Workflow Management (EWM) client for Eclipse IDE. Depending on your team's process, after accepting the invitation to join a Change and Configuration Management project area or team area, new users receive new work items to guide them through common team tasks, such as setting up instant messaging, finding work items, and creating a repository workspace.