Managing templates for requirements projects or components
You can delete, download, modify, and upload templates for requirements projects or components. When configuration management is not enabled, you manage templates for projects. When configuration management is enabled, you manage templates for components. You use the download and upload capabilities to copy a template to another Jazz repository.
Before you begin
- An Analyst client access license
- JazzAdmins repository permissions
About this task
To edit, delete, or download a project template by using the web client:
Open a project, click the Administration menu , and select Manage Project Properties.
Note: If configuration management is enabled for your project, on the Administration menu, click Manage Component Properties.
- On the project administration page, click the Templates tab.
- In the Templates list, click Project Templates.
Select a template in the list, click the Edit menu to the right of the entry, and select one of the following options:
- Click Edit to open the Manage Template window where you can change the template name and description.
- Click Delete to remove the template from the repository.
- Click Download to save the template to your computer as a template archive file. Templates that you download do not include comments, reviews, history, or access controls.
- Open a project, click the Administration menu , and select Manage Project Properties.
To upload a template:
Important: Project templates from a different DOORS® Next version are not supported.
- Click Upload Template.
- In the Upload Project Template window, browse to and select the template archive file to upload.
Click Upload. After the upload is complete, click
The uploaded template is displayed in the template list.