Configuring test artifacts to lock or unlock automatically after a state change
You can configure a test artifact so that it is locked or unlocked depending on its state.
About this task
Typically, a new test artifact starts in Draft state and progresses through other states, such as Under Review, Approved, and Retired. While the artifact is in Draft state, you want it to be available for editing, but while it is in the other states, you might want it to be locked. You can configure the artifact to be locked automatically when it moves to certain states, and unlocked automatically when it moves back to other states.
- Log in as a user who has permission to save project areas.
The appropriate permissions are as follows:
- A user who has permission to save the project area in the process configuration.
- A user who is an administrator of the project area.
- A user who has either the JazzProjectAdmins or JazzAdmins repository group permissions.
- Click the Administration () icon in the banner, and then click Manage This Project Area.
- In the Project Area editor, click
The Test Artifacts - Auto-Lock editor opens, where you can define how an artifact state change can trigger whether an artifact is locked or unlocked.
- Select a workflow to configure.
- In the Auto-Lock Triggers section, select a lock or unlock
action for each state.
For example, to configure a test artifact to be locked automatically when it moves to the Under Review state, select the Lock action for the Under Review state, and then click Save.
To configure a test artifact to be unlocked automatically when it moves to the Draft state, select the Unlock action for the Draft state, and then click Save.