Overview of reporting
During product development, organizations produce a substantial amount of data. Reports help you extract the right data in the format you need. Jazz® Reporting Service and IBM® Rational® Publishing Engine can be used alone or together to create dashboards, reports, and documentation for systems or software engineering project governance, agile reporting, and compliance.
Jazz Reporting Service
Jazz Reporting Service is the default reporting tool for the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management (CLM) and IBM Internet of Things Continuous Engineering (CE) solutions. These solutions integrate IBM Rational products to provide a complete set of applications for software or systems development.
- Lifecycle Query Engine (LQE): Indexes the data from across your projects for near-live reporting and reporting on configurations.
- Data Collection Component (DCC): Populates the built-in data warehouse to gather data for your reports
If you need to customize your reports further or require high-quality printable documents with front and back matter, you can purchase Rational Publishing Engine to automate the generation of document-style reports across your deployed Jazz and third-party tools.
Reporting with Cognos
If you use Cognos®-based reports on data in the data warehouse, you can use the ALM Cognos Connector. The connector enables a Jazz Team Server to connect to an existing Cognos Business Intelligence or Cognos Analytics server that is deployed in a IBM WebSphere® Application Server environment. When the connector is configured, you can create and manage Cognos-based reports based on the artifacts from the Jazz Team Server.
Reporting on IBM CE/CLM products
- IBM Rational DOORS® Next Generation
- IBM Rational DOORS
- IBM Rational Team Concert®
- IBM Rational Quality Manager
- IBM Rational ClearQuest®
- IBM Rational Rhapsody® and Rhapsody Model Manager
- Design Management
- IBM Rational Change
- IBM Rational ClearCase®
- Atlassian JIRA and other JSON data sources
- HP ALM
- UNICOM Focal Point
- Lifecycle Query Engine: An index of your current lifecycle data. If you are using configurations, your report includes all the versions of each artifact type across those configurations.
- Lifecycle Query Engine scoped by a configuration: An index of versioned artifacts grouped into a configuration.
- Data warehouse: Data Collection Component (or the ALM Cognos Connector) collects data from the applications and stores it in the built-in data warehouse for reporting. Reports reflect the state of the data when it was loaded into the data warehouse; the frequency can be as low as 10 minutes.
Part of the Jazz community
The CLM and CE products are developed transparently on the open and extensible Jazz platform. On Jazz.net, you can download the products and their milestones, track development schedules, join discussion forums, open enhancement requests, and interact with the product developers. To learn more about the products, see the developer-written articles in the Jazz.net library or the topics about complex deployment scenarios on the Deployment wiki.