Creating a glossary and terms
A glossary is a group of terms that you have defined to build consistent, common terminology for your project.
About this task
Glossary terms can contain links to new and existing artifacts, related terms, and synonyms. They also can contain comments and alternative spellings. You can assign attributes to the glossary and view, filter, and sort links to other artifacts using the sidebar.
To create a term:
- From the Artifacts page, click the Create Artifact menu, and select Term (or
whatever type name that was created for glossary use). The
Create an artifact with attributeswindow opens.
- Type a name for the term.
- Ensure the artifact type is Term (or whatever type name that you configured to be used as a term) and the Artifact Format is Text. For more information, see Creating artifact types.
- Provide optional information, such as a description, a folder, or tags.
- Optional: Check the Open Artifact check box if it is not already checked.
- Click Finish. If you selected the Open Artifact check box, the rich-text editor opens.
- To start editing the term, click Edit.
Defining alternative spellings and synonyms for a term
To define alternative spellings for a term, edit the term, and enter a value in the Alternative Spelling attribute. To define more than one alternative spelling, separate entries by a comma. To define a synonym of a term, create a Synonym link type between two term artifacts.