Configuring the Requirements Management application as a provider and DOORS as a consumer
To enable linking between IBM® Engineering Requirements Management DOORS (DOORS) and the Requirements Management (RM) application, you must configure RM as a provider and DOORS as a consumer.
You must be able to log on to Jazz® Team Server as a user with Administrator privileges.
Before you begin
Log on to Jazz Team Server as an
Administrator by navigating to
- Click Manage Server.
- On the Server tab, click Consumers (Inbound).
- In the Register Consumer section, type a consumer name, such as DOORS, and a consumer secret.
- Click Register.
A new entry is created in the Authorized Keys section. Copy the consumer key that was generated for that entry.
To enable all users, members, and non-members to access and perform tasks in
the project area that you registered, complete these steps:
Log on to the RM server by navigating to
Click Advanced Properties.
CAUTION:It is important to note that, if the
DisableLoginRequestForAssociatedProjectsproperty is enabled by setting the value to
True, any links that exist in RM projects on another server, links to Quality Management projects, and the links that exist in the associated DOORS projects are not displayed in IBM Engineering Requirements Management DOORS Next (DOORS Next) links sidebar.
On the Advanced Properties page, search for the property called
DisableLoginRequestForAssociatedProjects, click the associated Current Value entry and change it to True. This property controls whether users must log in to projects that are associated with the current RM project. If you enable this property, users who do not have access to the associated projects are not prompted for credentials.
- Click Save.
- Log on to the RM server by navigating to
- Log on to DOORS as a database manager or a user with permissions to manage the database and open the database properties.
In the DOORS
client, complete one of the following steps:
- For DOORS version 9.5.1 and later, click .
- For earlier versions of DOORS 9.5, right-click the database node in the left pane and click Properties. Click the Remote Services tab.
- In the Remote Services window, next to the Server list, click Add.
- Create an entry for the RM application:
- Enter a name, such as RM.
In the Location field, enter the URI to the RM application root
For example, enter https://host-name:9443/rm/rootservices.
9.5 and 22.214.171.124, select OSLC version 2.0.
For later versions of DOORS, the highest OSLC version is detected from the provider automatically.
- Enter the consumer key that you copied when you registered the new consumer in step 5.
- Click Register.
- In the Remote Services window, next to the Collaboration Links list, click Add.
- In the Add Service Link Type window, from the Server list, select the RM application server. If you are prompted, log on to the RM server.
- From the Service Providers list, select an RM project.
- From the Link Types list, select an association that supports the References link type and then click Add.
To verify the integration, open a module in DOORS and create a References link from the Link menu for an object to a requirement in an RM project.