Fixing overlapping components
After you clone artifacts, two components overlap if they have any artifacts in common, regardless of those artifact versions. The system prevents you from adding configurations of those components to the same global configuration. Fix the component overlap and then add the configurations to the global configuration.
Before you begin
You must be an RM project administrator.
About this task
If you deliver the change set, you cannot fix the overlap. You must create two or more empty components, and clone the artifacts again so that each one exists in only one component.
- If you cloned the artifacts into a change set but have not yet delivered it:
- Discard the change set.
- On the toolbar, click .
- On the Configuration Management tab, under Refresh Component Overlap Data, click Refresh.
- Optional: Create another change set, and clone into it a set of artifacts that does not overlap with the configuration you clone from; then, deliver the change set.
- If you delivered the change set that contains the cloned artifacts:
- Create two or more components.
- Clone the artifacts again: into each component, clone a set of artifacts, making sure that each artifact exists in only one component.
- Optional: Archive the configurations that cause the overlap, so that other team members cannot do additional work in them.