The links explorer displays linked artifacts in a graphical diagram. Use the links explorer to view linked artifact information to create, delete, and explore linked artifacts, and to remove and modify links.
Linking requirement artifacts
You can create link between requirement artifacts with other artifacts across ELM applications by using the drag-and-drop and copy-and-paste methods. When you link requirement artifacts, OSLC link types are created between the applications.
Similarly, you can drag work items from EWM and test artifacts from ETM onto the Link explorer to link the artifacts with requirements artifacts.
- Copy Link: Ctrl+C (Windows) or Command+C (Mac)
- Paste as link: Ctrl+Shift+V (Windows) or Command+Shift+V (Mac)
- To change the layout type, click the Layout Type menu . You can choose from the layout types that are shown in the following table.
Table 1. Links explorer layout types and examples Layout Type Example Basic Walker Radial
- To change the artifact arrangement, click the Appearance menu . You can choose from the appearance choices that are shown in the following table.
Table 2. Links explorer appearance choices Appearance choice Description Portrait Display graphical artifacts in portrait style. Landscape Display graphical artifacts in landscape style. Paris Skyline Displays link lines as angular connections. Curvy Wires Displays link lines as curved connections. Enable Compact View Reduces the space that is used by artifacts. Enable Quick Create Mode Enables the quick creation of artifacts. When you enable this mode, you are prompted to select a default link type, artifact type, and directory. After making these selections, click the add link icon on the toolbar of the tree nodes to create a new blank artifact, which is represented through a tree node that is in edit mode.
- To filter the diagram by link type, adjust the primary link levels that are displayed, or specify the link level for the entire diagram, click the Configure Link Display menu .
For more information, see Shortcuts for the Requirements Management application.