Overview of Rhapsody Model Manager
Rhapsody Model Manager is a web-based solution that integrates with Rhapsody and OSLC Jazz®-based tools to provide lifecycle traceability for models, wider availability of models to stakeholders by making them available on the web, and source control / configuration management. This Architectural Management (AM) solution enables models to be first-class participants in the development lifecycle.
Rhapsody Model Manager is the Architectural Management (AM) solution in IBM® Engineering Lifecycle Management (ELM). These solutions integrate IBM Engineering products to provide a complete set of applications for software or systems development.
Rhapsody Model Manager provides you with the following capabilities:
- Configuration management built on Engineering Workflow Management
- OSLC linking between architecture elements (Rhapsody model
elements) and the following types of remote artifacts:
- Requirements in DOORS Next and DOORS
- Test artifacts in IBM Engineering Test Management
- Work items in IBM Engineering Workflow Management and other Jazz tools.
- Web views for creating and navigating OSLC traceability
- Participation in OSLC global configurations as a contributor in the Global Configuration Management application
- Ability to perform source control actions from within Rhapsody
- Generation of external model traceability reports with Engineering Publishing
- Simple method to enable Rhapsody Model Manager for existing projects
- Migration from Rational® Rhapsody Design Manager
For a demonstration of the capabilities of Rhapsody Model Manager, see the Rhapsody Model Manager tutorial.
Migration from Rational Rhapsody Design Manager
Rhapsody includes a wizard for migration of existing Rational Rhapsody Design Manager projects to Rhapsody Model Manager.