Configuring Jazz Team Server container authentication for Document Builder
You can set up a Jazz Team Server (JTS) to provide authentication for Document Builder.
Before you begin
About this task
This type of authentication is supported on WebSphere® Application Server and WebSphere Application Server Liberty Profile . The Liberty server must be configured for https connections.
- Document Builder must have the same domain as the JTS.
- This type of authentication will also work for smart card or certificate authentication if the JTS is configured with client-cert authentication. Kerberos authentication is also supported.
- The LTPA token life must be long enough that it does not expire before the document generation is completed. The default life is 2 hours. You can configure LTPA timeouts on your application server, for example in WebSphere Liberty , you can customize the server.xml for Engineering Lifecycle Management.
- If the data source connection is to ELM application registered with another JTS, then you must provide connection credentials when generating a document.
- Document Builder must operate in HTTPS mode, for example https://hostname:port/rpeng/)
- This setting does not work for scheduled document generations.
- Log in to the JTS as an administrator at https://<server>:<port>/jts/admin.
- Go to
- Click Add.
In the Add Application window, enter the following information about your application:
- In the Application Name field, enter a unique name for the application.
- In the Discovery URL field, enter the URL to Document Builder, for example https://server:port/rpeng/scr.
- In the Consumer secret field, enter a consumer secret for the application that you are registering. JTS will automatically generate a consumer key.
- In the Functional User ID field, enter pub_user.
- Click Finish.
- Log in to Document Builder as an administrator.
- To administer the application, click Administration menu in the product banner.
- Select Administer from the drop-down menu.
- Click Runtime Variables tab.
- In the Runtime Variables tab, expand Authentication Switching, and click the Edit link.
- In the Authentication type drop-down list, select JTS Authentication.
- Click Save.
If you get a confirmation dialog when you log in asking you to allow the Document Builder
server to collaborate with the JTS, follow
the steps in the Verifying that the report server is a trusted client on the Jazz Team Server section of the linked topic. Substitute the Document Builder
server values for the report server.
Note: Document Builder appears in the list of applications in the Jazz home menu.